(Yields 2 servings; 240 kcal, 10g fat, 24g carbs, 10g protein)
- 1 pack dry ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 handful baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 egg, fried or hard boiled
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- Optional: sriracha
- In a sauce pan add the olive oil, mushrooms, and sliced red bell pepper. Heat over medium-low 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Add in the minced garlic and allow to cook for one more minute.
- Add two cups of water to the sauce pan with the veggies. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the block of dried ramen noodles.
- Cook the ramen noodles for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the spinach to the saucepan. Stir until spinach is wilted, about 45 seconds. If using a fried egg, add the saucepan whole or cut into bite-size pieces and add. If using a hard boiled egg, slice in half or chop into pieces before adding to sauce pan. Add soy sauce.
- Give everything a stir to combine, then divide between two bowls. Top with a drizzle of sriracha if desired.