(Yields 4 servings; 90 kcal, 7,2g fat, 6.1g carbs, 2g protein)
- 2 large or 3 medium size zucchini’s
- 1/2–1 large sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2.5 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2–2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes to suit spice tolerance
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Chop the zucchini into 2-inch long pieces. Chop each section into 6 wedges. Chop the onion into finely diced pieces.
- In a large skillet add 2 tbs vegetable oil. Once hot, add the zucchini and onions. Sauté for 2-4 minutes, depending on size and amount of zucchini.
- Add the soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for 5-8 more minutes, or until zucchini is cooked to your preference. Longer cooking will result in softer pieces.
- Serve as is or over rice, with tofu, or as a side dish.