(Serves 4; 381 kcal, 13g fat, 56.1g carb, 13g pro)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- 8 oz dry whole wheat macaroni noodles (can also use vegan or GF noodles)
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the broccoli florets and drained/rinsed chickpeas to the baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast 20 minutes.
- While the broccoli and chickpeas are roasting, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium-low. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low. Add roasted broccoli and chickpeas to skillet. Drain and rinse pasta, then add to skillet. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the skillet. Use half of a lemon for less lemon flavor, or two lemons for more lemon flavor. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese if desired.