(Serves 5; 2 tbsp per serving; 260 kcal, 23.6 gm fat, 13.8gm carb, 2.8gm pro)
- 3 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 small yellow or red onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium Roma tomato, seeded, finely diced
- Optional: 8-10 dashes of favorite hot sauce, we used Frank’s Red Hot
- Finely dice the onion and tomato.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop the flesh into a large bowl using hands or a spoon.
- Add the lemon juice, hot sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using a fork, mash the avocado and ingredients together.
- Add in tomatoes and stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.