(Yields 10 servings; 344 kcal, 10.3g fat, 52.6g carbs, 13.3g protein)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 cups butternut squash
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa + 2 cups water
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: salsa, sour cream, avocado
- Preheat oven to 400
- Diced butternut squash and add to large bowl. Toss with olive oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread butternut squash evenly over it. Roast for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Wash and dice the zucchini and red bell pepper. Drain and rinse the black beans and corn.
- In a large casserole or baking dish, add the beans, corn, zucchini, bell pepper, and can of diced tomatoes. Once the quinoa and butternut squash are done, add them as well. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir everything together to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with additional toppings if desired