(Yields 4-6 servings total)
This recipe is in collaboration with the local Nashville company, Mr Aaron’s Goods!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-10 oz package of cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced small
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 28 oz Can San Marzano tomatoes, including their juices
- 1 package Mr Aaron’s Goods spaghettios
- Fresh parsley or basil for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large deep saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add eggplant and mushrooms. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato pasta and stir. Cook for one minute.
- Add the oregano and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add red wine; cook until most of the wine has been absorbed.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and tomatoes. Break apart tomatoes using spoon or fork. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, make the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to package direction.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the tomato sauce. Toss to combine.
- Taste and add salt or pepper if needed/desired.
- Serve with fresh herbs.