(Yields: 4 servings; 79 kcal, 4.2g fat, 3.2g carb, 9g protein)
- 1 (14 oz) block Extra Firm tofu
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove tofu from package and place on a layer of paper towels on a cutting board. Layer 2-3 more paper towels over the tofu and place a heavy object on top to press. Let press for half an hour.
- In the meantime, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Stir to combine.
- Once tofu has pressed, cut into slabs or cubes and layer in the dish with the sauce. Cover the tofu with the sauce and marinate for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Spread tofu out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Do not discard any leftover marinade. Bake tofu for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove tofu from oven and carefully flip each piece to the other side. Then, spoon any leftover marinade over the tofu and return to the oven for 15-25 minutes, until your desired level of crispness.
- Serve in salads, in a wrap, or with stir-fry!