(Yields 6 cups of dip)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and black pepper in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Combine black-eyed peas, black beans, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, red onion, and corn in the same large bowl and mix to combine.
- Put dish in refrigerator and let sit for at least an hour.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro when ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips, as a salad, with a fried egg, or in tacos!