(Yields 12 servings; 257 kcal, 18.5g carb, 18.8 fat, 7.9g pro per serving)
You can add almost anything you’d like to these bars. Add shredded coconut, dried fruit, peanut butter chips, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, etc. as desired!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbs coconut
- 4 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (do not use quick oats!)
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds or other nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
For the top:
4 tbs roasted almonds of other nuts, chopped
4 tbs dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- Add peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon to a saucepan and place over low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and immediately stir in chia seeds and oats. Fold in almonds and dried cranberries. If adding chocolate chunks, gently fold in last to avoid completely melting.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour granola mixture into the pan and spread out evenly. Press remaining 4 tbs of almonds on top.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to allow to harden.
- Once the bars have set, remove from fridge. In a bowl, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together. Drizzle over the bars. Move bars back to the fridge until chocolate has set. Cut into 12 bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.