(Yields 4 servings; 205 kcal, 30.9g carb, 6.1g pro, 6.3g fat per serving)
*nutrition facts will vary based on bread used for sandwich and total amount of ingredients use.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tbs celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbs yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 tbs mayonnaise
- 2-3 tsp Dijon mustard
- Place the drained, rinsed, and gently dried chickpeas into a medium bowl. Use a pastry cutter, potato masher, or a fork to mash chickpeas. You want them to be mostly mashed with a few whole chickpeas still in tact for some texture variety.
- Add all ingredients into the mash chickpea bowl. Stir to combine well. Add more mayonnaise for a creamier salad. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread on bread to make a sandwich or eat as is with crackers