This recipe is in collaboration with Mr. Aaron’s Goods, a local business in Nashville, TN.
(Yields 6 servings; 315 kcal, 49g carb, 10g pro, 9g fat per serving)
- 1 package of Mr. Aaron’s Goods soup noodles (or any of their pastas or a GF/vegan pasta would work!)
- 4 tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 cups peeled, diced, uncooked butternut squash
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Turn heat to high and stir consistently. Butter will begin to turn brown after ~2 minutes.
- Once butter browns, add chopped onion and rosemary. Stir immediately and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and butternut squash. Cover pot and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender to a fork.
- Once squash is tender, use a potato masher or a fork to break squash into smaller pieces.
- Add pasta to boiling water pot and cook according to package instructions.
- Add coconut milk to squash and stir together. Use an immersion blender to blend squash and coconut milk into a sauce directly in the same pot.
- Once blended, add fresh spinach or kale on low heat. Continue to stir until pasta is cooked so that sauce does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Combine sauce and pasta noodles, and enjoy!
- Add salt and pepper, as much as desired.
- Top with fresh rosemary, parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast if desired.