(Yields: 5 servings; 201 kcal, 16.7g fat, 13g carb, 2.7g pro per 1/2 cup serving)
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the squash and discard the seeds. Chop into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer squash to pan and roast for 40 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking.
- Transfer cooked squash to blender and add brown sugar and broth.
- Blend on low, then increase speed until smooth.
- Add butter and blend.
- Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- If sauce is too thick, add more broth
- To serve, toss 1/4 to 1/2 cup sauce with cooked pasta. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
This sauce can be kept in the fridge for 3-5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.