(Yields: 10 servings; 112 kcal, 0gm fat, 28.5g carb, 11.1g pro per serving)
- 1 lb dried black eyed peas
- 1 tbs vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp liquid smoke
- Preheat the oven to 300. Rinse the beans.
- Place all ingredients into a Dutch oven or other oven-safe deep dish. Cover with 2 inches of water. Cover dish and bake in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the Dutch oven to a stove-top burner, or transfer the black eyed peas to a sauce pan if your dish is not stove-top safe.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until the remaining liquid is thick and saucy.
- Serve hot and garnished with chives, if desired