(Yields ~18 cookies; 134 kcal, 5g fat, 1g pro, 19g carb per serving)
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (~1/2 to 1 full apple) Granny Smith apple, unpeeled
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Combine apples with lemon juice in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to egg and vanilla mixture until well combined, and then mix in apples.
- Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop or spoon and drop onto baking sheet, one at a time.
- Bake cookies for 13-14 minutes and allow to cool before eating.