(Yields 5 serving; 135 kcal, 8.9g fat, 10.6g protein, 4.2g carb per serving)
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, drained
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a latch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix nutrition yeast, soy sauce, olive oil, chili powder, and garlic powder into a paste in a large bowl.
- Crumble the block of tofu into small pieces into bowl of seasoning. Mix tofu crumbles with seasoning, making sure it’s evenly coated.
- Spread tofu out evenly over baking sheet. Avoid large clumps of tofu to ensure it bakes evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, stopping to stir tofu every 15 minutes or so.
- Keep an eye on tofu during the last 5-10 minutes to make sure it does not burn. Smaller crumbles will be a deeper brown that larger ones, but this adds texture so it’s okay.
- Add to pasta sauce, tacos, or any other dishes you might use crumbled beef in!