(Yields 12 servings, 341 calories, 3.7g fat, 17.9g protein, 60.2g carb per 1 cup serving)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs Chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3-4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 Oz) can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbs Worcestershire saguce
- 1 (14oz) can each, drained and rinsed: white beans, pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans
Slow Cooker Directions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste, bell peppers, and carrots. Remove from heat and add to bowl of crockpot
- Add 2 cups of broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and beans to crockpot. Stir to mix. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Add remaining broth, a little at a time, if chili is too thick.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
Excellent topped with plain greek yogurt, sour cream, cheese, avocado, and green onions!