(Yields 10 servings, 224 calories, 8.1g fat, 6g pro, 32.7g carb per serving)
- 1 and 3/4 cups milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9×9 baking pan with nonstick spray
- Whisk all ingredients together in one large bowl. Pour into prepared baking pan. Top with nuts or mix nuts in, if desired.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the center is almost set. For a drier and more set oatmeal, bake until the center has set.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Cover leftovers tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
*To reheat, preheat oven to 350 and bake for 10 minutes.
**Quick oats soak up more moisture and dry out. Whole oats will give a better texture.