(Yields 4 fritters; 50 kcal, 0.3g fat, 10.6g carb, 1.6g protein per serving)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour or chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Vegetables oil
- Mix dry ingredients. Add water and whisk until clumps are out. Fold vegetables into batter
- Heat pan on medium heat or air fryer to 390. Add enough vegetable oil to cover the pan. Test oil by dropping a couple drops of water or batter into oil. If it sizzles, the oil is hot enough. If using air fryer, do not add additional oil to basket.
- Spoon some batter onto the pan, fitting as many fritters as you can onto the pan. Cook until browned, then flip and finish cooking on other side. If using air fryer, bake fritters about 8 minutes.
- Repeat with rest of batter until done, adding more oil as needed.