(Yields 5 servings; 158 kcal, 4.3g fat, 29.8g carb, 4.5g protein per 1 cup serving)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (15 Oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 Oz each) low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15oz) yellow sweet corn
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbs lime juice
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and pepper, sautéing for 5 minutes or until soften.
- Add minced garlic and sauté one more minute.
- Stir in spices, fire roasted tomatoes, black beans, corn, vegetable broth, water, and cilantro. Bring to simmer and let simmer for 15 minutes, or more.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Serve in bowls with cilantro, tortilla chips, avocado, or other desired toppings.