(Yields about 6 servings; 275 calories, 11g fat, 38g carbs, 9g protein per 1.5 cup serving)
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 gloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 tsp Garam masala
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion, 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- If including optional onions and bell peppers, first heat coconut oil or vegetable oil in a large pot. Cook veggies for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into large pot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon over rice, eat with naan, or enjoy as-is!