(Yields about 4 servings; 92 kcal, 5g fat, 9,8g carb, and 2.6g protein per serving)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take tofu out of package and drain excess liquid. For best results, press tofu between 4 sheets of paper towel (or a kitchen towel,) with something heavy on top for 10-15 minutes.
- While tofu is pressing, mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once tofu is done pressing, cut into bite-size cubes and put in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix olive oil and sriracha.
- Pour half of the oil/sriracha mix over the tofu and toss lightly. Set the rest of the oil/sriracha mix aside for later.
- Add the spice and cornstarch mix to the tofu. Toss until tofu is coated.
- Add tofu to baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Give the pieces some space between each other so they will come out crispier. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and brush the rest of the oil/sriracha mix over the tofu.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy in a salad, taco, or in a burrito bowl!
We recommend serving this up with some veggies (green beans, carrots, sweet potato) plus a complex carb of choice like quinoa or brown rice!