(Yields about 12-16 meatballs, depending on the size)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil for cooking
- In a bowl, add the ground turkey, egg, panko, green onion, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, ginger, cayenne, salt and pepper. Use hands to mix and form into meatballs.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in sesame oil. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Do not overcrowd – you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your skillet. When meatballs are done browning, set aside on a plate.