Made in collaboration with apples from Mr. Aaron’s Goods
(Yields 2 galettes about 8 servings; 466 kcal, 31.7g carb, 34.4g fat, 8.5g protein per serving)
- 2 ready-to-bake puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large apple or 2 medium apples unpeeled, chopped into smaller pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cardamon
- 6 sage leaves, plus more for topping
- 1 egg yolk, to glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with Pam or olive oil.
- Roll out thawed pastry dough and place into both onto same baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a saute pan and add sage leaves. Cook until butter is browned.
- Add apples and cheese and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted, add cardamon and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and using a spoon, divide apple mixture evenly into middle of both pastry sheets leaving at least ~4cm frame on the outside. Fold the dough over the middle, leaving a hole, and glaze with egg yolk.
- Cook for 25-30 min until brown and crisp. Top with 1-2 sage leaves per galette if desired.
- Let cool and enjoy!