In collaboration with Mr. Aaron’s Goods, a local Nashville-based company.
(Yields 4 servings; 378 kcal, 15g fat, 52g carb, 9g protein per serving)
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- pinch rosemary
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, cubed
- 1 cup baby spinach, raw
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum oil and spray with pam. Place sweet potato cubes onto sheet, add salt if desired, and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Sauté the garlic and onions with the olive oil and rosemary, until tender about 4-5 min. Add lemon juice to mixture.
- Add cooked quinoa, chopped apple, baby spinach, cubes of cheddar and balsamic vinegar and mix together until cheddar has melted and the greens wilted. Remove from heat, add in sweet potato, and serve.