(Yields 8 servings; 265 calories, 12.5g fat, 36.2g carbohydrates, 2.8g protein per serving)
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 apples
- ¾ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt butter. Add in brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Slice each apple in half and remove the stems. Using a spoon, scoop out the core of each apple.
- Pour the hot water into the bottom of your 9×13 pan and place the apples inside, with the cut side up. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon. Then, stuff each apple with mixture until all apples are stuffed.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 35 minutes.