This balanced pasta dish is in collaboration with a local partner, Mr. Aaron’s Goods!
(Yields 3-4 servings)
- 1 package Mr. Aaron’s Goods spinach rigatoni
- Nourished Routes Basil Walnut Pesto
- 1 – 15oz can Northern white beans
- 3-4 red bell peppers, depending on size
- Green onions, sliced for topping
- Parmesan cheese to top, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with pam or lightly brush with olive oil.
- Lay peppers on their sides, stems pointing sideways.
- Put baking sheet in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove peppers from oven, give peppers a half turn using tongs, and place back into oven for another 15 minutes. Take peppers out when skins are charred. Slice peppers when cooled.
- Now, boil water in a pot.
- When boiling, cook Mr. Aarons Goods spinach rigatoni according to packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, drain and rinse can of beans.
- Drain when pasta is completely cooked and put pasta back into saucepan.
- Add in sliced peppers, full can of beans, and pesto into pasta and stir to combine.
- Top with green onions and parmesan cheese, if desired.