Give us ALL the flavors of fall!
(Yields 12 servings per loaf – 202 calories, 3g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 8g fat)
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15oz) canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9×5 bread loaf pans or decorated bread loaf pans (as pictured) with non stick baking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Whisk together to combine, then set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter and sugar and mix just until combined. Add the eggs one at a time to the wet mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the canned pumpkin to the wet mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low speed until well combined, ~1-2 minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.