(Yields 4 servings, 373 calories, 10.4g fat, 61g carbohydrate, and 9g protein per serving)
- 3 Russet potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2-2 cups flour (and more for dusting)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 handful fresh sage
- Wash and peel your potatoes and boil for 30-45 minutes. Mash while hot with potato masher until completely smooth. Combine 1 egg until thoroughly combined, 1 tsp salt.
- Flour a designated work area for rolling your dough, and wait until mixture is cool enough to touch by hand to start adding in flour a little bit at a time. The dough will not be sticky when it is done. Add more flour as needed.
- Once dough is ready, divide into 4 even pieces and dust with flour. Begin rolling each section into a long tube until 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough tube into segments that are ~1 inch long using a knife.
- *At this time you may use gnocchi roller, but it is not necessary!
- Place gnocchi on a baking sheet generously dusted with flour then add to large pot of boiling water until gnocchi floats to the top (~3 minutes).
- Get out 10″ nonstick skillet and add 3 Tbsp unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Once hot, add a handful of fresh sage and let cook until fragrant (10 seconds). Add your gnocchi and let it pan fry undisturbed for 2-3 minutes on each Side. Flip and wait another 2-3 minutes.
- Place gnocchi and fried sage on each plate, and enjoy!