This recipe is an excellent source of vegan omega 3 fatty acids!
(Yields 12 balls; 236 calories, 10.8g fat, 32.2g carb, 5.6g protein per serving)
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, crunchy peanut butter, honey, chia seed, flax seed and chocolate chips. Mix together with a rubber spatula. Fold until thickened. Cover bowl and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove dough from freezer. Using a 2-tablespoon measuring spoon, form dough into balls.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet, space each ball evenly apart.
- Transfer back to the freezer to chill for 20-30 minutes, until somewhat firm.
- Store in the freezer and let thaw for a few minutes before consuming.