(Yields 6 slices; 147 calories, 81.6g fat, 32.5g carb, 5.9g pro per slice)
- 3 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup zucchini finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 spinach finely chopped
- 1/4 squash finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 15 ounce can of tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat avocado oil on medium-low heat in a large skillet & cook vegetables until softened—roughly five minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, dried basil, and salt. Bring the sauce to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow the sauce to cool and puree using an immersion blender. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a standard blender but be sure that your sauce is cooled before you puree it. You want the sauce to have a smooth consistency.
- Use the sauce as a base for your next pizza top with mozzarella & enjoy!