(Yields 6 servings; 153 calories, 2g protein, 35.1g carbohydrate, 0.8g fat per serving)
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes into strips, roughly 1/4-inch wide.
- Let the fries soak in a cold water bath for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry the fries thoroughly, using a paper towel to pat them down.
- Clean the bowl that was used to soak the fries, and dry it. Place the fries back in the bowl and toss them with avocado oil. Make sure that all of the fries are evenly coated.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt. Toss the fried evenly in this mixture.
- Spread the fries out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It is essential to make sure that the fries are not touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip the fries and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take the fries out of the oven when they are crispy and have slightly brown edges. Place them on a cooling rack.
- Allow them to rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!