(Yields 4 (6 ounce) filets; 342 calories, 33.7g protein, 15.2g carbohydrate, 17.3g fat per serving)
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the skillet skin-side up.
- Cook salmon for six minutes until golden colored. Flip the salmon over skin-side down and cook for two more minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan with the oil where the salon was cooked. Once the butter begins to foam, stir in the broth, lime juice, honey and cumin. Bring to a simmer and add cilantro.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the salmon back in the skillet. Allow the sauce to reduce, should take 3 to 4 more minutes .
- Garnish with extra cilantro. Serve with fresh vegetables or rice. Enjoy!