(Yields 6 servings; 126 calories, 3g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 6g fat per serving)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 5 ears of corn on the cob, husks removed & cleaned
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup torn basil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to high. Grill the corn for 10 minutes, frequently rotating, until lightly charred. Remove the kernels from the cob.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the onion & poblano to the skillet & saute until the onions are translucent (roughly 5 minutes). Add green onions & garlic & saute for another minute. Add corn & season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat & transfer to a serving bowl to cool. Once it has cooled slightly, add the herbs, lime, avocado, salt, & pepper & toss. Add additional lime wedges if desired. Enjoy!