(Yields 5 pancakes; 306 calories, 4.1g protein, 34.2g carbohydrate, 18.3g fat per serving)
- 1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, & salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup & vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until the two mixtures are combined. There may be a few lumps remaining which is expected, make sure to not over whisk or the pancakes will become tough. Gently fold in the banana & pecans. Let the batter rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat your skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you decide to use a heavy cast-iron skillet or non-stick griddle heat to medium-low heat. Your pan is ready once you drop water on the pan & it sizzles.
- Lightly oil your cooking surface.
- Scoop batter onto skillet using 1/4 cup measure for each pancake. Cook for roughly 2 minutes on each side. You will know you need to flip when the bubble form on the surface. Cook until golden brown.
- Continue until all of the pancake batter has been used.
- Serve immediately or keep the pancakes was in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven. Enjoy!
You can top the pancakes with banana slices, chopped pecans, butter, syrup, etc.