(Yields 7 servings; 361 calories, 24.4g protein, 40.2g carbohydrate, 10.6g fat per serving)
Nutrition facts include one serving of Homemade Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced (1 1/2 large carrots)
- 1 cup celery, sliced (2 stalks)
- 1 cup sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, peeled and diced (1 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 64 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- One batch of our Homemade Egg Noodles, or 12 ounces wide egg noodles of your choice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use rotisserie chicken to save time!)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- To a large Dutch oven or crockpot, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic, and sauté for 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add our homemade egg noodles and continue to boil for approximately 2 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the chicken and parsley, and and boil 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through.
- Taste soup and add salt to taste.
- Remove the bay leaves, and serve immediately.