(Yields 4 servings; 600 calories, 46.5g protein, 60.8g carbohydrate, 20.8g fat)
This healthy, colorful meal is packed with nutrients and a hint of heat.
- 1(8oz) pkg soba noodles
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 1/2 lb large peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup matchstick carrots (or regular carrots, sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and chill until ready to serve. Whisk together rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and Sriracha in a bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium- high. Add shrimp; cook, stirring often, until slightly crispy and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean, and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add carrots, snow peas, and red onion; cook over medium-high, stirring often, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinegar mixture.
- Toss chilled noodles with 1⁄4 cup of the vinegar mixture; divide evenly among 4 bowls. Top each with vegetable mixture and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired, and serve with the remaining vinegar mixture.
Make this recipe even healthier by adding in cut summer squash!
*Recipe adapted from Southern Living magazine