(Yields 1 + 1/2 cups (~1/4 cup per serving); 130 calories, 7.1g protein, 3.4g carbohydrate, 10.1g fat per serving
This whipped feta is made healthier by the use of greek yogurt instead of sour cream and mayonnaise.
- 1 8-oz block of feta cheese
- 1 cup whole-fat plain greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving (omit if you don’t like spicy)
- 2 tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and use a small spoon to create a swirl on the surface of the dip. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- Serve with pita, tortilla chips, carrots, sliced bell pepper, or other dippers of your choosing!