Gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian, this pizza crust is as delicious as it is healthy.
(Yields 8 servings or slices – 50 calories, 4g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 4g fat per slice)
- 2 cups finely grated cauliflower (you can also use a food processor)
- ½ cup shredded dairy cheese, or non-dairy cheese
- 2 eggs (or ½ cup egg whites if desired)
- Salt, pepper, garlic seasoning, or any seasoning you like!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grate cauliflower or add to a food processor, and blend until finely grated. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add eggs, shredded cheese, and seasonings to cauliflower, and blend well.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and distribute the cauliflower dough evenly over the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until you notice golden brown edges forming.
- Remove from the oven and flip the crust over. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add ingredients of choice (pizza sauce, extra cheese, vegetales, and protein), and pop back in the oven to cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the edges become crispy and the crust appears completely golden brown in color.
- Slice, and serve hot.
Ideas for pizza toppings:
- ¼-½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded dairy free cheese
- 1 cup chopped raw asparagus
- 1 cup canned and drained mushrooms (if using raw mushrooms, reduce down in a pan first)
- ½ package of prosciutto